Donated books must be in excellent condition. Think of the kind of book you’d give to your best friend or your mother to read. That is, almost brand new, something someone would be excited to receive and unwrap as a present.
Books that are missing pages, discoloured, smelly or have been sitting in storage for years are not suitable and have to be recycled which costs us money.
So before you deliver please help us by ensuring books are suitable and follow our guidelines below.
To find out if books are needed in your area please contact our relevant Book Resource Manager:
Book Donation Guidelines
The Footpath Library accepts high-quality books in the following genres:
- Women’s, men’s and children’s fiction
- Non-fiction, including dictionaries, simple cookbooks, parenting, and self help
- National Geographic, Australian Geographic, motorcycle and car magazines.
Please note, out of respect for our customers we DO NOT accept:
- True crime
- Travel/wine/restaurant guides
- Get-rich-quick/investment/ financial guides
- Coffee table books
- Home decorating, gardening, sewing, craft, fashion
- Sport (unless biographies)
- Any books with suicide, depression, or drug themes
- Computer manuals
- Text books of any description
- Magazines, except National Geographic, Australian Geographic, motorbike and car
- Street directories
- Religious material
- Used crossword/puzzle books.