Who We Are
Former Wallaby Peter FitzSimons writes regular columns for The Sydney Morning Herald and the Sun-Herald, as well as occasionally appearing in such overseas journals as the London Daily Telegraph and the International Herald Tribune.
In his two decades in print, radio and television journalism Peter has personally interviewed everyone from President George Bush Snr. to Matt Damon, and every Australian Prime Minister from Gough Whitlam through to Kevin Rudd.
He has published 24 books. His latest is entitled Eureka, The Unfinished Revolution.
When she’s not The Footpath Library’s General Manager, Margaret can often be found curled up with a book or more! She believes the power of words combined with action can be a positive force for change and wellbeing. Margaret also has a passion for working with organisations that make a real difference in the wider community.
Park Bench (Board)
- Founder Sarah Garnett is a video producer and Anthropology student living on the northern beaches of Sydney with her family. She started The Footpath Library in 2003 and is passionate about encouraging literacy from an early age and making books accessible to everyone who loves reading.
- Richard Glover is the author of 12 books, including “Why Men Are Necessary” – a collection of his comic pieces from ABC radio’s Thank God It’s Friday. His weekly humour column has been published in the Sydney Morning Herald for over 25 years. For the last 15 years he’s also presented the Drive show on 702 ABC Sydney.
- Shane McLachlan is a director/editor /camera operator and avid surfer. His collection of crime novels were the first books given away by The Footpath Library. Crime remains his favourite genre.
- Jaqui Lane is a corporate publisher and self-confessed ‘book tragic’. She sees The Footpath Library as an opportunity to share her passion with others.
- Carole Ferguson is a financial services lawyers and has always had an interest in the charity sector working as board member or voluntary legal adviser to various enterprises.
Carole has always believed that books and words have the power to unlock not just ideas, but the world!
- Bruce Murphy works in financial services as managing director of an asset management firm. Since his childhood school library had a book shortage he has been acutely aware of how important it is to be able to get your hands on a good book.